Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm ADDICTED to:
Pumpkin Bread
Spice Candles
Chili
Hot Sandwiches
Soups

Does anyone have a great Chili recipe out there!? We are having people over on Friday for Pre-Halloween Trick-or-Treat Eating :)

Here's what I want to serve.
Chili All of the fixings
Home made Local Pumpkin Bread

Kid Quick Grab foods (Grilled Hotdogs etc.)

I'll HAVE to post some photos from our neighborhood Trick-Or-Treating! It's like something out of Mayberry! We start with a pet parade, music, etc. and then massive chaos! We usually run out of ALL of our candy in the first 30 min! Bags, bags and bags of candy!

We never know how much to buy. We are located right across from the huge green and everyone loves all of our decorations. WE really get into Halloween! My husband works the Fog Machine, we have a spooky motion skeleton, black lights at night around the porch and instead of our regular fan lights on the porch, we have black lights. When people walk by our skeleton, the little red eyes light up and sings a spooky Halloween Song!

We see people come up to it all day long! It really scares the beejezees out of me when I walk past to plant flowers and forget about it. :)

Decided today that I would dedicate ALL WEEK to cooking...NO eating out. Straight cooking! We'll see how that goes! Shopped today and bought fresh local grown veggies, homemade from scratch loaves of bread: Sour dough, pumpkin, apple pie bread (I'll have to take a photo of this one!). Local Grown Mountain Apples that SMELL like apples! Organic Meats from our local butcher shop!

Really, I didn't know the "finds" we have here in Ft. Mill, SC! We have a cut to order butcher shop where you can call ahead for them to cut pieces as you need in the sizes you need. I really like getting the roast there. I tell him what I want, and they literally bring out a large piece of beef! Cut right there, wrap and it's ready to go!

Our NEW bread shop makes all of their breads daily! I luckly caught them today when they were on their second batch of pumpkin bread! I purchased 2 loaves...one for us and one for a friend. You can also sample ANYTHING and they even give you little bags to take the samples home!

The Butcher Shop also had local made mulling spices! Tonight after this HUGE cold front moved in, (32!), I decided to whip up a mug full! I grew up drinking TANG Drink Mix. I decided I wanted a strong spice drink so I mixed OJ, Tang Powder and about 1/2 teaspoon of mulling spice. IT WAS YUMMY!

I am starting to like this FALL thing. Pumpkin Bread, Scented Candles, Spice Orange Drink, Chili, Soups, Hot Sandwiches.

Don't forget to send me your FAVORITE CHILI RECIPES! Lots of people are counting on you!

No comments: